Tagasi juurte juurde! Noortevahetus Eestis
Each youth exchange brings together 30 young people aged 18-30 of Estonian origin; 20 living abroad and 10 from Estonia. The main aim of the youth exchange is to introduce the Estonian culture and language to participants.
The programme includes:
- introducing the Estonian history and cultural heritage to young Estonians living abroad;
- sharing Estonian success stories, good practices and planned future developments;
- teaching participants the Estonian language in the non-formal learning environment;
- providing information about work and study opportunities in Estonia;
- introducing Estonian governance system;
- creating the network for young people of Estonian origin that might support repatriation.
During the whole exchange programme the participants will have a chance to learn and practice Estonian in the non-formal learning environment.
The youth exchange programme is organized by youth organization Seiklejate Vennaskond, coordinated by Estonian Youth Work Centre and financed by the Compatriots Programme of the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.
Costs related to participation:
If selected, all costs within Estonia are covered 100%, including accommodation, food, local transport, visits and excursions. Travel costs will be reimbursed after the exchange up to 300€ based on actual costs. There could be exceptions of increasing/decreasing the limit depending on the overall travel budget and the distance of individual journey. For instance, as travel costs from neighbouring countries are under the limit and from more distant countries over the limit, it will be balanced to be fair to everyone. Visa (if needed) is the responsibility of each participant, but organizers can provide assistance in getting the travel documents. Travel insurance is obligatory and be obtained by the participant. This cost will not be reimbursed.